Tiling Contractors Lawton OK
Lawton , OK
Remodeling, Demolition, Repairs
Years in Business
How Do I Install Ceramic Tile?
The first step is to install cement boards over the subfloor by spreading carpenter’s glue on the back of the boards and pressing them into place. Every few feet on the surface of the board, use galvanized screws to secure the board into position. Lay the boards in staggered rows. Then, spread thinset mortar over the seams between the boards with a knife and spread them smooth. Allow this to set overnight.
Using a chalk line, lay a line across the middle of the floor in both directions to mark the center of the room. You should now have four sections in the room. In the corner of one of the sections, spread thinset mortar using your notched trowel. Now, press the first tile into place. Put spacers around the tile, and then continue to lay your tiles. After laying all the tile, remove the spacers and allow then to set overnight. Your partial tiles should go around the edges.
Your grout should be the consistency of thick mud, and you will want to spread it using a grout float. After it has sat in the cracks for a few minutes, use a damp sponge to wipe off the excess with a damp sponge. Let the grout sit for two days before using the floor.
How to lay Ceramic Tiles?
Ceramic tiles are present in wide range of colors and sizes to match the decor of the room. Ceramic Tiles are easy to install and provides years of maintenance free use. One can install the Ceramic Tiles by following the step-by-step procedure which is given below: -
(1) Prepare the sub-floor to create a leveled surface by laying down the ceramic tile backboards over the plywood.
(2) Decide on the color and size of the Ceramic Tiles and start the pattern that you like to be used at the entrance of the main door.
(3) Snap a chalk line perpendicular to the entrance that will act as a guideline.
(4) Now lay down the Ceramic Tiles without adhesive along the chalk line.
(5) If you are unable to put a complete tile at the end of the room, shift the row of tiles to achieve the equal borders on both the sides . Cut the Ceramic Tiles using tile cutter, or glass cutter, or tile saw, or tile nippers.
(6) Now lay down the first row of tiles using adhesive . Use spacer to evenly place the tiles.
(7) Follow the same process for the second row and so on.