Drywall Installation Washington DC
drywall contractor, drywall installation, drywall repair, drywall, remodeling contractor, kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeler, home remodel, house painting, and painting contractor.
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Mon - Fri
Falls Church, VA
How Much Does Drywall Cost?
One can be interested to install a new drywall or repairing the existing one. The following information will be very helpful in estimating the cost of drywall installation in a room: -
(1) Determine the type of drywall that you want to install (as the cost will vary accordingly) which in turn depends on the type of room and local building code. The 3 types of drywall are: Regular Drywall (for walls and ceiling), Water-resistant Drywall (for bathroom) and Fire Resistant Drywall (for wall between apartments).
(2) Measure the room carefully and subtract the areas of doors and windows where drywall is not needed.
(3) Find out the total number of drywall panels or board and multiply the number of panels with the cost of each panel in order to calculate the total cost. The cost will be around $40 per drywall panel for an average-size job of two or more rooms.
(4) Calculate the cost of installation accessories like nails, drywall tape and joint compound. One can ask the local home improvement store for price quote or use the online calculators at websites like www.bobvila.com, www.cgsnetwork.com , etc.
(5) Generally, cost of drywall per square foot for materials and labor is around $0.80-$1.20 and around $.60-$.90 for labor alone.
However, smaller jobs will be having higher cost as well ...
How Much Is Drywall Installed?
Once it has been installed, finished, and primed, you are able to finish the walls with a variety of materials. Many people will simply paint the walls, but they also take well to wallpaper or even texture. Installing sheetrock is a relatively easy job for some comfortable with doing it themselves, but this job is not that expensive to hire out in order to make sure that it is done right. A sheet of drywall is approximately four feet by eight feet. For a standard installation and finishing job, expect to pay roughly $25 per sheet ($12.50 to hang and $12.50 to finish). For more complicated jobs such as an arched doorway or vaulted ceiling, expect to pay as much as $60 per sheet. This is in addition to the materials that are required for the job in most cases. The price of sheetrock will vary, but, generally speaking, expect to pay anywhere from $6 to $8 for a sheet of drywall.
What is Drywall?
Drywall is generally sold in large 4X8 foot panels, and it is offered in a variety of thicknesses, ranging from 1/4 inch on up to 5/8 inch. Drywall can be extremely heavy to lift, often requiring the use of a drywall lifter to hold the panel’s position during the fastening process. Drywall is generally attached to the wall studs using either drywall screws or nails, with the seams being sealed with special drywall tape. Drywall offers a very smooth surface, which can be either painted or given texture, as well as supporting wallpaper or paneling.